Sephora Professional Mineral Powder 45 Brush
Available: Sephora, about $40.
Volume: One brush.
Star Properties: Soft and effective.
Packaging
The packaging for this minimal, like all other Sephora brushes, it comes plainly with a plastic wrap around the bristles. But to me, that's fine, and just the way I like it. Be sure to pick the brush that has not been tampered with when you're choosing one though!
Handle
As you can see, I painted the name on the brush with clear nail polish base to preserve it.
The handle is substantial, just the right amount of weight for me. It does not feels like cheap light plastic.
Bristles
I do really like it! I am not sure what this kind of new-age synthetic material is, but this kind of black-white bristles are so good! You find it on Sephora, you find it on Sigma, you find it on Real Techniques. It's just amazing. Uber soft, and fluffy.
Bristle Density
Very dense. I like it. I think it is dense enough to leave no streaks on your face, give that flawless airbrush makeup look, yet it is still light enough to not pack truckloads of BB cream onto my face.
Shape
This Sephora 45 brush is a dome-shaped one. And I find it just the right shape for me because the rounded edges allows it to go into the crevices of my face very well, and go under my eyes really well too. For those who watch pixiwoo use the purple dome eye brush for undereye concealer, and you don't have that dome eye brush, this Sephora 45 one will do as well!
I am just super loving it!
Ever since I discovered this brush, I do not use the finger-tapping method for applying my BB cream anymore. Not that the finger-tapping is not good, but I think for more watery bases, a dense synthetic brush like this just seem slightly superior. I prefer finger-tapping for denser bases, like Revlon Photoready Mousse.
Definitely 5/5!
If you haven't got such type of foundation brush, grab one! There is this Sephora one, the Urban Decay Naked one, the Sigma one, and of course, Real Techniques. I have got all except the Naked one as I find that too similar to Sephora's. They are pretty much all the same. The difference lies in what shape you prefer, because brands like Sigma has a flat top, slanted flat top, slanted dome, etc. And Real Techniques is more of larger and fluffier design. While this Sephora one is a simple dense dome.
Do you prefer to use your fingers or a brush for foundation? If it is brush, what type of brush(s) do you use? Do you like traditional flat paddle brush, or new synthetic one like this?
0 Yorumlar