Christopher Kane - Luxe Appeal
The first time I heard of Christopher Kane was actually when he did a collaboration with Nars back in 2017, which considering I started out as a beauty blogger is no surprise really. Nars collaborate with designers quite often as part of their Winter collection and during 2017 it was Christopher Kane.
After that I saw the actual man on the Vogue Future of Fashion Documentary on Youtube. The documentary was hosted by Alexa Chung and I found it fascinating to see the inner workings of fashion brands. If you haven't watched it, it is well worth seeing if you have even a small interest in fashion.
After that I saw the actual man on the Vogue Future of Fashion Documentary on Youtube. The documentary was hosted by Alexa Chung and I found it fascinating to see the inner workings of fashion brands. If you haven't watched it, it is well worth seeing if you have even a small interest in fashion.
In the documentary, Christopher Kane spoke very openly about the creative aspect of the brand and his struggles with the business side. Ever since I have had an appreciation for the brand but I have never really taken the time to look at the brand closely. However this season it was actually one of the runways which stood out to me.
![]() |
| Picture from Vogue |
Autumn/Winter 2020
I don't normally look at the Christopher Kane runway and to be honest I don't know why I did this season but from the first look, I was enchanted. The first couple of looks reminded me of what I love about Tom Ford, it had that luxe appeal. The first couple of Christopher Kane looks satisfied my need for satin which was not present within the Tom Ford runway quite as much as I would have liked.
The opening look had a sort of diamond pattern satin coat which looked incredibly plush due to the almost plump look of the satin. It all felt very rounded and very smooth. The patterning looked gorgeous and beautifully constructed. Luckily Christopher Kane had the wonderful vision to use this within quite a few looks.
![]() |
| Picture from Vogue |
This wasn't where the satin trend ended for Christopher Kane as he incorporated it into a lot of looks. There were quite a few lingerie inspired slip dresses which made their way down the runway. These dresses really displayed Christopher Kane at his design best as it is the sort of garment you expect from him. He seems to gravitate more towards something a little bit naughty, considering he created a dress with penises all over it. These sorts of designs are what make Christopher Kane so unique because they are risque but in a playful way rather than overtly sexy. You can definitely see this within some of the pee-a-boo lace panels which barely cover any nipples.
![]() |
| Picture from Vogue |
Satin and lace dominated the fabrics but deep browns and vibrant oranges gave a bit of colour in an otherwise quite monochrome runway. I love the orange used in this runway and it really helps to emphasise the autumnal vibes. This bold orange is really making its mark on AW20, I'm not sure I could even list all of the runways it has featured in this season.
![]() |
| Picture from Vogue |
![]() |
| Picture from Vogue |
There was so much to love on the Christopher Kane runway and it perfectly displayed a balance between wearable and experimental fashion. I loved the cosy looking knitwear outfit that looks incredibly put together and structured even though it is a knit. I love the mini balloon around the hems, it makes it seem even more comfortable and plush. The knit outfit is paired with a plastic mould harness which plays into this idea of perversion but makes it more playful.
My favourite looks from the runway incorporate some of these different themes that pop up throughout the collection. It is a gorgeous, longline navy sweater with a patent leather chevron detail at the top. The jumper is just long enough to cover the models vagina and then a completely see through mesh skirt flows from the bottom of the jumper with lace details. To finish off the look, the model wore knee high navy boots with aqua plastic details around the ankles. Get rid of the ankle plastic and this is pretty much my dream outfit.
![]() |
| Picture from Vogue |
Based on This Runway, What Should You Add to Your A/W Wardrobe?
Lace and Satin - Rich, luxurious fabrics seem to be the port of call for Christopher Kane.
Be a Tad Risque but Keep it Subtle - Christopher Kane hasn't always been the most subtle with his more phallic designs but this season he seems to have softened a little bit. A harness would not only play into Christopher Kane's collection but also Michael Kors.
Knitwear is Sexy - As long as it is paired with the right look, preferably pair it with a bit of mesh. I love knitwear and I love its inclusion in this runway.
Orange with Deep Brown - Orange has shown up in basically every show I have looked at this season. I love how the brown in the Christopher Kane runway reigns in the orange and stops it from looking like Halloween.
Be a Tad Risque but Keep it Subtle - Christopher Kane hasn't always been the most subtle with his more phallic designs but this season he seems to have softened a little bit. A harness would not only play into Christopher Kane's collection but also Michael Kors.
Knitwear is Sexy - As long as it is paired with the right look, preferably pair it with a bit of mesh. I love knitwear and I love its inclusion in this runway.
Orange with Deep Brown - Orange has shown up in basically every show I have looked at this season. I love how the brown in the Christopher Kane runway reigns in the orange and stops it from looking like Halloween.
If you want to see more of the Christopher Kane Runway, here is a link to the full collection on Vogue: Christopher Kane Autumn/Winter 2020 Ready-to-Wear
You might also like:
You might also like:
|
|
|
|
|











0 Yorumlar