Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revlon Baby Stick in Sunset

Female of the Species
April has not been good to me.

Seriously fate has been dealing me out joker cards because I'm getting played left, right and centre. Where shall I begin ... oh let me start off with my current skincare "issue" which resulted from me finally getting my act together and making up a skincare regimen from a selection of 'higher end' skincare brands... what happened? Great amazing skin results that would make the angels blush and devils swoon. Nope.Instead my face broke out in a rash, a severe bubbling rash with burnt under eye cheeks and cheekbones (gasps for air) dry, flaking,itchy parched skin, with underlying bumps and wrinkles. Mmm Nice! On the upside though, I have noticed my old scars slightly fading ... but that's not the point. My skin felt (still kinda feels) like sandpaper and after asking for advice, I gained a sympathetic and sensible response to take antihistamines (since I suffered an allergic reaction) and to use basic skincare products. Now I guess there were many factors which would explain why the 'reaction' happened and I do have 3 products that I can whittle it down to (since I was only using those 3 products at the time) and I guess I should have done a patch test and maybe used all 3 separately and not quite so often. Alas I'll talk about it another day (pouts), now I'll move onto my second and most heinous April surprise

Revlon's Baby Stick 

(Takes in a deep breath). Now I'm not a swearing lady, rarely will my vocabulary sink to the extremes of a drunken sailor or randy man (sexists much?) but after disrobing the Revlon Baby Stick from its plastic film and unveiling what lay beneath ... my exacts words were "What the ___ is this ___ ?!". I couldn't believe it, the sight left me utterly disgusted. If I wasn't so sick at the sight I would have been more outraged. I was completely astounded, dumbfounded and horrified that I carried it in my handbag ... my bag! Why did I feel this way ... well if you've already taken a look below you'd know why. This so called 'Baby Stick' was rotten to its core and riddled with mould! That's right the white stuff on that stick is not a highlighting feature my dear, its fungus. Now I've been burnt by discounted and discontinued products before, that has left me with stiff waxy, crayon smelling lipsticks or a slightly off smelling foundation but never, never in my experience have I been confronted with a live and thriving community of bacteria thriving on the surface (and throughout) of a makeup product like a petri dish. *Warning if you have sensitivity towards mouldy photos do not look, especially if you're eating or about to ... or just value your sight and peaceful well-being*

(0_0) What more can I say? ...

I have to say the worst lipstick in the world has been beat. This lip/check stick has triumphantly thwarted it from my mind. This blush stick now is the worst and most disgusting thing I have ever purchased ... ever. Hey and I thought that lipstick was bad (scoffs) ... boi what a fool was I. 

*shock shock, horror horror, shock shock, horror* argh I feel sick 
So no .. I didn't swatch it, or try to salvage it ... come on with a severe rash on my face do you think I'd risk it? ... I know I'm doolally over makeup but even I have limitations and this purchase has burnt my curiosity to dive into making another discounted £1/99p or more ... makeup or body product purchase *grossgusting!(*Coraline coined word). Part of me can/ has laughed about it but at the imminent discovery I was set to march myself back to the store and demand a refund ... yet that would mean I'd have to put it back in my bag and face being told that cosmetic items are non refundable ... so I binned it after taking these pictures and posting this post. Good riddance! So be thou be very careful ... and take heed. 

Oh and checking out reviews about this lip/cheek tint apparently its really rubbish (you don't need to convince me now). I did know this before purchase and was planning on using it mainly as a (shivers) lip balm but, oh my ... I wouldn't ... I just ... can't (vomits). 

... so you can definitely know makeup expiration dates exist and a product can decompose even before its even been opened ... photo evidence above ... urgh

So do you have any tales to tell?
...
Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated 
:o)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar